The Mission Of Chaney Monge School District #88
"To Educate All Students To Become Life-Long Learners Through A Cooperative Effort Of The School And/Community."
Thus We Believe That:
- Education must keep pace with technology.
- The school should be adequately staffed.
- The school must maintain a clean environment.
- We must continue to address the financial needs of the district so that we may update the curriculum to meet the demands of the future.
- Students should have a strong foundation in basic skills.
- Discipline is necessary for an effective educational atmosphere.
- Community and parent involvement is essential for student success.
- Every child should have an equal opportunity to be educated to the best of the individual's ability.
- Children should be able to learn in a positive, safe and non-threatening environment.
- All talents should be encouraged and developed.
- There should be periodic evaluations of the total school program.
- The school must provide for the social emotional, physical and moral needs of students as their world changes.
- The school should provide experiences that emphasize basic life skills.
- Educational programs should meet the demands of the 21st Century and the diverse needs of our changing population in the area of fine arts, trades, economics, foreign language.
- The school community should invoke educational programs that tap the individual learning styles and talents of a diverse student population.
The Goals of Chaney Monge School District 88 are:
Critical Issues & Obstacles That need to be Addressed:
- To develop reliable and adequate sources of revenue.
- To identify the various publics and link them with our school.
- To develop a well-rounded curriculum which meets the needs of all students.
- To develop a technology curriculum which prepares our students for the future.
- To develop the public's awareness of the fundamental link between excellent schools, the general quality of life, property values and social characteristics of the community.
- The growth of Special and Remedial Education programs
- Adequate Funding
- Increasing joint efforts between parents and staff members for student success
- Music and Fine Arts
- Finding new members for the CMPAA, PTO, Band and School activities